Thursday 5 September 2013

My Beautiful Life: Lisa Ray

Please Share it! :)

Beauty Belief
How you feel about yourself is what makes you truly beautiful. When I feel I'm contributing to the world in a way that is aligned with my core values of balance, authenticity and lightheartedness, it feels like the greatest beauty 'technology' ever.

Beauty Must-Haves
A great moisturiser with SPF. I like the Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50, because it’s sheer and doesn’t leave white streaks. I also like Make Up For Ever eyeshadows for the richness of their colours. And I love Kiehl’s lip balm.

Beauty Asset
My eyes. I inherited my father’s hazel Bengali eyes. Mine carry all my life experiences.

Diet Discipline
For breakfast, I have a green smoothie on Wednesdays and an omelette on weekends. I snack on fruits, crackers and hummus or nuts around 11 am. Lunch is a salmon salad, or soup and a rice bowl. Then I eat a mid-afternoon snack - either some dark chocolate or a raw-food peanut chocolate cup. Dinner is often out. I try to keep it light but don’t hold bac. I just choose smaller portions. I often do cleanses – five days each of only raw food and vegetable juices to get my face glowing.

Fitness Files
Yoga plays a huge role in my routine, and I practise different yoga styles three times a week. I also work out with Jane Clapp at Urbanfitt in Toronto. She customises a holistic workout that involves everything from kettleballs to ropes used by Sumo wrestlers. And I love to hike.

Beauty Rituals
My parents have aged very well, so I hope I’ll ride that gene train as far as possible. I do wear sunscreen, moisturise every morning and night, and use jojoba oil on my body.

Hair Secret
I have embraced every stage of my hair evolution. My hair grew back very curly after chemo – it was wild and fun to rock an Afro. Now it’s just wavy, so I get it blown out straight most of the time. I love deep-conditioning treatments, and dahi is one of the best.

Get-Glamorous Tip
I love smoky eyes with a neutral lip and use M.A.C Opulash mascara for dramatic lashes. I then add a bronze highlighter under the eye along the lash line and use Chanel Vitalumière foundation and Éclat Lumière to conceal shadows and viola! It's an effect I describe as ‘Me... but better’.

Travel Tips
While travelling I drink tons of water with lemon to keep the system alkaline.  I also spritz myself with Jasmin Refreshing Spritz by Amritam and moisturise with Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream.

Beauty Destinations
Italy and India are my favourite beauty destinations. I love how Italian women embrace their age and individuality. They are chic, but not in a uniform way. When I lived in Milan, I learnt about thermal baths and how alternating hot and cold water is good for tightening the skin. I’m always learning about Ayurvedic remedies and rituals in Indian culture. The beauty goodies I pick up when I travel are argan oil from Morocco, Amritam Rose Regenerating Oil from Good Earth in India and Jouer Cosmetics from Henri Bendel, New York. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...