Tuesday 10 September 2013

how to meet new guys at school

Please Share it! :)
The best part of a new school year? New crush potential! Seventeen dating blogger Isabelle gives her tips on meeting your next BF in class.



The start of a new school year is such an exciting time, no matter what grade you’re in. One of my favorite parts of going back to school is the opportunity to meet new people. I have a few really close friends, both girls and guys, that have been part of my life for a while, but some of the people that I like to hang out with the most are people that I’ve met within the past year or two. I know that sometimes it can be intimidating to meet new people, especially guys, but I think I’ve gotten better at navigating the terrain.
First, just introduce yourself. In class, many students sit down and take out their books, without saying a word to the person next to them, but I always try to introduce myself right away. You never know if the guy next to you could turn out to be a great new friend, boyfriend, or an even better lab partner. Guys are more likely to help you out and want to talk to you if you’re friendly right from the start.
When I was in middle school, I went through a really bad awkward stage, and I remember one mean girl couldn’t believe that the “cutest guy” in the school had a crush on me. When she asked him why, he said it was because he thought I was nicer than the popular girls. That is still one of the best compliments I’ve ever gotten.
Second, if you’re interested in a guy romantically, don’t make it too obvious at first. Just be yourself and try to form a friendship. Many relationships start from friendships anyway, and then it’s less nerve wracking if the two of you do actually go on a date!
Last, try to remember that some guys are just as nervous talking to girls, so don’t be embarrassed if there is a weird silence or you think you said something dumb. No one is cool every second of every day. If you really get along with a guy that you’ve met recently, it’s totally fine to ask him to hang out or invite him to a party with a group of people. There’s a difference between being forward and being friendly, so just make sure that you’re not texting him, say, ten times in a row. Play it cool, ladies!
School started for me last week and I’m happy to say that I think I’ll have a new buddy in most of my classes. Suffering through chemistry together can be a really bonding experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...